Information Technology (IT) is the backbone of any organization. Smooth and seamless functioning of IT is essential to ensure the productivity of the organization and allow the business to function efficiently.
We are looking for a versatile IT Support Engineer who can oversee and maintain both computer hardware and software infrastructure to make sure there are no glitches faced by the users. The right candidate should be able to diagnose and troubleshoot issues faced by users in real-time, maintain IT infrastructure including data servers and network connections and come up with suggestions and solutions to improve IT systems.
If you are someone who has the deep technical knowledge to solve hardware, software, network and application-related issues, methodical and perseverant to assist in IT projects along with good interpersonal skills, you are someone that we would love talking to for the role of IT Support Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and identify core network, hardware and software issues in the organization to improve the IT infrastructure and organization productivity.
- Ensure that all user issues are properly attended to in a time-bound manner and proper communication maintained till the issues are resolved
- Escalate complex and unsolved issues with service providers or internal teams and follow-up.
- Prioritize issues faced by multiple users and manage resolutions depending on hierarchy and urgency.
- Provide support to users of the IT infrastructure including setting up new accounts, installing relevant applications, troubleshooting any network or IT-related issues faced by the users
- Ensure that network configuration of all users is up-to-date and running 24×7
- Maintain an inventory of all IT systems in the organization and keep a log of all software/licenses installed for users in the organization.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Proven work experience as an IT support engineer or an IT Technician in an organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or similar qualifications and additional certifications in the field if any.
- Thorough understanding of network, applications, hardware for troubleshooting in any environment including windows/ Linux and Mac.
- Excellent inter-personal skills to deal with users at different levels in the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is a plus.