We are looking for a trained supply chain professional who can efficiently manage the task of efficiently and cost-effectively the purchase function in an organization. The candidate should have relevant experience in buying raw materials, industrial supplies along with knowledge of logistics.
If you are natural at negotiations, have a commercial bent of mind, a candidate who likes to plan, and coordinate things with multiple partners, we believe we have a role that shall interest you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly maintain a database of all goods procured, keep a track of all goods in transit, and ensure that goods ordered reach the designated people on time
- Design, plan and implement various sourcing strategies to improve purchase function
- Co-ordinate with various business functions and issue timely purchase orders
- Device purchase and procurement policies for the organization and ensure that all procedures comply with the policies.
- Coordinate with internal teams and vendors in order to improve product quality and product designs if required
- Identify new suppliers and vendors for raw materials
- Ensure that proper purchase contracts are in place to ensure smooth supplies and payments
- Negotiate with vendors in order to rationalize the cost
- Prepare purchase budgets and ensure that all costs are in line with forecasts
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- The candidate must have proven previous experience of working in the purchasing department of an organization for a period of 2-4 years.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of supply chain related software like SAP/ Oracle
- Candidate must have a relevant degree/certification in logistics, supply chain or materials management
- The candidate should be willing to travel to vendor locations
- The candidate should have excellent communication, interpersonal skills in order to effectively coordinate between various departments and the vendors
- The candidate should have excellent negotiating skills in order to get the best prices for the organization
- The candidate should have a strong analytical bent of mind